Between August 2015 and August 2016, total nonfarm employment in San Diego County increased by 25,100 jobs, or 1.8 percent.
- Government reported the largest year-over-year gain, adding 6,200 jobs, an increase of 2.7 percent. Local government accounted for 4,000 of those jobs
- Leisure & Hospitality saw the largest growth by percentage with a 3.1 percent year-over-year increase.
- Construction was the only sector to post a year-over-year … Read More
- Recently, Pew Research reported that the millennial population overtook baby boomers as the largest living generation. The San Diego metro has the second highest percentage of millennials in the nation.
- Five census tracts in San Diego are comprised of more than 55 percent millennials. Three of those … Read More
San Diego companies reported 21 venture capital deals totaling $253.5 million in the first quarter. The funding total was 9.0 percent lower than the 10-year average. The largest local cluster of industries, life sciences/medical, raised $180.8 million, which is 5.3 percent higher than its 10-year average.
- Carlsbad companies received more than 40 percent of first quarter VC funding with a total of $102,210,000. The Carlsbad deals include “early stage” companies like Acutus Medical and Thesan Pharmaceuticals. Other notable transactions include $45.7M in funding for Zavante Therapeutics in Del Mar Heights and $30.0M for Figtree in Scripps … Read More
- In 2009, the gap in industrial vacancy rates between San Diego County’s outmost submarkets and most central markets was 1,460 basis points. While Kearny Mesa and Miramar’s combined vacancy rate decreased 56.5 percent since 2009, the combined vacancy rate for Oceanside and Otay Mesa has decreased a whopping 64.2 percent. That gap is now down to 470 basis points.
- At the … Read More
- In the first quarter, San Diego County Class B office asking rates decreased by 1.3 percent quarter-over-quarter. However, amongst the market’s largest submarkets, there was little concurrence.
- The two submarkets with the largest stock of Class B office, Downtown and Kearny Mesa, recorded the largest decreases in asking rental rates at … Read More