- San Diego has the lowest average asking office rents among key California office markets. This enables companies to have direct access to a highly talented and educated labor pool in San Diego while saving on real estate costs.
- The San Diego nonfarm employment base … Read More
San Diego medical office occupancy increased in the first quarter of the year, posting an increase of 28,144 square feet of positive net absorption. The current overall San Diego County direct vacancy rate of 6.6 percent is 51 percent lower than in 2009, when it peaked at 13.6 percent.
Most all of the San… Read More
- Google leased two floors at Cruzan’s Verge project earlier this year to facilitate a new San Diego presence. Google’s office appears to be strategically located near more than one of its local interests, and is also real estate that Google used to own during its first foray into making mobile phones.
- Google acquired Motorola … Read More
JLL San Diego | Healthcare Practice Group
The San Diego healthcare community as a whole continued to show growth in the first half of the year. Several new medical buildings have been recently completed, are under construction now or are expected to break ground soon – albeit at a pace that is not expected… Read More
San Diego companies reported 19 venture capital deals totaling $350.5 million in the second quarter. The funding total was 26.7 percent higher than the 10-year average. The largest local cluster of industries, life sciences/medical, raised $257.3 million in the second quarter.
For more information, contact:
Joshua Brant, Senior Research Analyst… Read More
Designed by Gensler, the renovation at Aventine will include a new modern light and bright building lobby… Read More
Do you think employee happiness is just a nice to have? Think again. Employees are a company’s most important asset, and happy employees just might mean higher profits. This USA Today article uncovered that publicly traded companies in the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list have gained an average 10.8% a year since 1998. Many of the publicly traded companies named as Best Companies to Work For in 2013 saw impressive stock… Read More
June saw 287,000 net new jobs added to the U.S.
- Recently, Pew Research reported that the millennial population overtook baby boomers as the largest living generation. The San Diego metro has the second highest percentage of millennials in the nation.
- Five census tracts in San Diego are comprised of more than 55 percent millennials. Three of those census tracts are … Read More
San Diego employment continues to increase as total non-farm employment grew by 36,900 jobs, or 2.7 percent year-over-year. The latest employment update highlights the continued trend of employment growth and jobs continuing to be created in the market.
- Educational … Read More