The past eight years have been filled with economic ups and downs, but in recent years, success has trounced challenges. GDP has grown by 15.4 percent since 2009, while 15.3 million jobs have been created since 2010 with… Read More
The last time the cubs won the World Series was in 1908, when the jewel-box stadium design was at the height of its popularity. Since then, we’ve seen various eras of stadium design from classic elements to modern amenities.
- Design matters –with the average stadium age today inching past 26 years, ballpark stadium designs … Read More
Despite rising rents in many U.S. markets, the legal industry can still find opportunities to improve real estate efficiency, according to JLL’s latest annual Law Firm Perspective. The typical U.S. law firm has sharply reduced its office footprint by 22.2 percent, from an historical average of… Read More
- Google leased two floors at Cruzan’s Verge project earlier this year to facilitate a new San Diego presence. Google’s office appears to be strategically located near more than one of its local interests, and is also real estate that Google used to own during its first foray into making mobile … Read More
- September saw 156,000 net new jobs created. While relatively average and not up to the consistent 200,000+ seen throughout much of 2014 and 2015, momentum nevertheless remains.
- Monthly additions were brought down due to contraction in government and slowdowns in very large sectors such as … Read More
Between August 2015 and August 2016, total nonfarm employment in San Diego County increased by 25,100 jobs, or 1.8 percent.
- Government reported the largest year-over-year gain, adding 6,200 jobs, an increase of 2.7 percent. Local government accounted for 4,000 of those jobs
- Leisure & Hospitality saw the largest growth by percentage with a 3.1 percent year-over-year increase.
- Construction was the only sector to post a year-over-year … Read More
- The median sale price for San Diego County houses and condos is $495,000 according to the most recent data from CoreLogic. This is a 5.3 percent increase over the prior year, yet still below the market’s peak median sale price of $517,500 which was reached in November 2005.
- Despite San Diego … Read More
San Diego companies reported 19 venture capital deals totaling $350.5 million in the second quarter. The funding total was 26.7 percent higher than the 10-year average. The largest local cluster of industries, life sciences/medical, raised $257.3 million in the second quarter.
For more information, contact:
Joshua Brant, Senior Research… Read More
Nine months of bumpiness in the financial markets, driven largely by the slowdown in China, oil pricing and, most recently, the Brexit, continued in Q2, but is showing signs of calming. While this has impacted deal flow in 2016 and uncertainty remains around the upcoming U.S. election, real estate capital markets are starting… Read More
The downtown San Diego waterfront is undergoing major changes which will transform the face of the city. These highlighted projects do not include the recent upgrades to Ruocco Park and the esplanade, or other recent developments adjacent to the waterfront. These waterfront projects are the most visible aspects of a… Read More