- San Diego has the lowest average asking office rents among key California office markets. This enables companies to have direct access to a highly talented and educated labor pool in San Diego while saving on real estate costs.
- The San Diego … Read More
You might expect the priciest place to set up shop in a new office would also be the one with the priciest rents. But there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to the cost of converting outdated office space into an engaging workplace. Get a holistic picture of total build-out costs… Read More
CREW Corner: Breaking the commercial real estate ceiling
By Misty Moore
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Published data suggests that the top four commercial brokerage firms in San Diego employ somewhere around 200 licensed brokers. Just over a dozen of… Read More
Designed by Gensler, the renovation at Aventine will include a new modern light and… Read More
The downtown San Diego waterfront is undergoing major changes which will transform the face of the city. These highlighted projects do not include the recent upgrades to Ruocco Park and the esplanade, or other recent developments adjacent to the waterfront. These waterfront projects are the most visible aspects of a… Read More
The U.S. homeownership rate fell to its lowest rate since the fourth quarter of 1967:
Homeownership slides down to 63.5 percent in the first quarter
- This figure is 30 bps lower quarter-on-quarter; 20 bps lower year-on-year
- Homeownership rates rose in the Midwest 30 basis points year-on-year, … Read More
- Office space under construction peaked at 92.8 million square feet.
- Industrial construction was the shining star as consumer confidence grew.
- Construction costs increased in primary office markets, driven by skyrocketing labor costs, which motivated growth in secondary markets.
JLL’s Construction Outlook report provides valuable insight into construction trends in the U.S. and JLL San Diego’s PDS… Read More
It’s been said there are three things that matter in real estate: location, location, location.
The cliché cuts to the chase: location is important and will certainly play a crucial role in a property’s pricing. But today’s investors would do well to memorize the following mantra: location, industry, competition.
JLL’s biennial study of the “Most Expensive Streets” across… Read More
CREW San Diego recently invited JLL San Diego to make a presentation about “IDEA1” – focusing on the collaboration and creativity that has gone into this unique project.
Even though Northern California is the cradle for the technology industry, Silicon Valley has matured beyond the garages from which it was born. According to JLL’s 2015 United States Technology Office Outlook, technology firms and startups aren’t just exploring new U.S. markets, they’re starting to plant roots.