Do you think employee happiness is just a nice to have? Think again. Employees are a company’s most important asset, and happy employees just might mean higher profits. This USA Today article uncovered that publicly traded companies in the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list have gained an average 10.8% a year since 1998. Many of the publicly traded companies named as Best Companies to Work For in 2013 saw impressive stock… Read More
- Recently, Pew Research reported that the millennial population overtook baby boomers as the largest living generation. The San Diego metro has the second highest percentage of millennials in the nation.
- Five census tracts in San Diego are comprised of more than 55 percent millennials. Three of those census tracts are … Read More
San Diego employment continues to increase as total non-farm employment grew by 36,900 jobs, or 2.7 percent year-over-year. The latest employment update highlights the continued trend of employment growth and jobs continuing to be created in the market.
- Educational … Read More
San Diego companies reported 21 venture capital deals totaling $253.5 million in the first quarter. The funding total was 9.0 percent lower than the 10-year average. The largest local cluster of industries, life sciences/medical, raised $180.8 million, which is 5.3 percent higher than its 10-year average.… Read More
- San Diego’s office inventory is the fourth most suburban in the nation, among the top 30 metros. Unsurprisingly, New York metro area has the highest percentage of urban office inventory in the U.S., followed by the Chicago metro area. Western metro areas claim five of the top six most suburban spots.
- In JLL’s … Read More
San Diego employment continues to increase as total non-farmemployment grew by 39,700 jobs, or 2.9 percent year-over-year. The latest employment update highlights the continued trend of employment growth and jobs continuing to be created in… Read More
By Paul Braun, Chris Ross, and Kelly Moriarty
JLL San Diego | Healthcare Practice Group
Medical office leasing and sale activity remains steady throughout most areas of the county, the Southwest region and the U.S. With improved employment rates and other economic conditions comes a generally better insured population, a higher percentage of patients seeking preventative medicine and elective procedures and other… Read More
- Office space under construction peaked at 92.8 million square feet.
- Industrial construction was the shining star as consumer confidence grew.
- Construction costs increased in primary office markets, driven by skyrocketing labor costs, which motivated growth in secondary markets.
JLL’s Construction Outlook report provides valuable insight into construction trends in the U.S. and JLL San Diego’s PDS Market Lead, Julie… Read More
JLL’s Chris Ross has been named one of Real Estate Forum’s Emerging Leaders in Healthcare. The Emerging Leaders in Healthcare recognition program distinguishes a group of up-and-coming professionals who are advancing and making significant contributions in the healthcare real estate sector. Chris co-leads a rapidly-growing team that is strategically expanding its reach in various sectors of healthcare. Over just… Read More
JLL’s 2015 U.S. Law Firm Perspective has been released, and it reveals that law firms in San Diego continue to grow today, but with more measured and conservative growth projections.
Downtown San Diego still has great opportunities for Law Firms. Rental rates have not yet peaked. Carmel Valley has more new product opportunities coming online for Law… Read More