- September saw 156,000 net new jobs created. While relatively average and not up to the consistent 200,000+ seen throughout much of 2014 and 2015, momentum nevertheless remains.
- Monthly additions were brought down due to contraction in government and slowdowns in very large sectors such as education and health … Read More
JLL San Diego | Healthcare Practice Group
The San Diego healthcare community as a whole continued to show growth in the first half of the year. Several new medical buildings have been recently completed, are under construction now or are expected to break ground soon – albeit at a pace that is not expected… Read More
Between August 2015 and August 2016, total nonfarm employment in San Diego County increased by 25,100 jobs, or 1.8 percent.
- Government reported the largest year-over-year gain, adding 6,200 jobs, an increase of 2.7 percent. Local government accounted for 4,000 of those jobs
- Leisure & Hospitality saw the largest growth by percentage with a 3.1 percent year-over-year increase.
- Construction was the only sector to post a year-over-year decrease, losing a … Read More
- The median sale price for San Diego County houses and condos is $495,000 according to the most recent data from CoreLogic. This is a 5.3 percent increase over the prior year, yet still below the market’s peak median sale price of $517,500 which was reached in November 2005.
- Despite San Diego home prices consistently … Read More
Constructech magazine is proud to unveil the 2016 Women in Construction, as well as the recipients of the first annual Constructech Mavens award.
In recent years, women have transformed the construction industry. Whether they’re out on the jobsite or in the office, women have proven they know how to push the boundaries of what’s expected, and leverage the… Read More
San Diego companies reported 19 venture capital deals totaling $350.5 million in the second quarter. The funding total was 26.7 percent higher than the 10-year average. The largest local cluster of industries, life sciences/medical, raised $257.3 million in the second quarter.
For more information, contact:
Joshua Brant, Senior Research Analyst… Read More
Nine months of bumpiness in the financial markets, driven largely by the slowdown in China, oil pricing and, most recently, the Brexit, continued in Q2, but is showing signs of calming. While this has impacted deal flow in 2016 and uncertainty remains around the upcoming U.S. election, real estate capital markets are starting to normalize after… Read More
Designed by Gensler, the renovation at Aventine will include a new modern light and bright building lobby… Read More
The downtown San Diego waterfront is undergoing major changes which will transform the face of the city. These highlighted projects do not include the recent upgrades to Ruocco Park and the esplanade, or other recent developments adjacent to the waterfront. These waterfront projects are the most visible aspects of a genuine transformation which… Read More
So you’ve made the decision to make an office move. It’s an exciting time, filled with opportunities to reinvent, reset and renew. At the same time, the site selection process can be overwhelming. There are several factors at play, including neighborhood, space size, layout potential, availability of sophisticated technology, proximity to amenities, parking… Read More