Well, why not?
Southern California’s tech/med-tech ecosystem is rich with talent and innovation, offering both cost and lifestyle advantages over markets north along the West Coast. Beyond beaches and movie sets, the region boasts some of the best engineering talent, top-ranked medical research facilities, and a community of investors and innovators working together to build the companies of tomorrow.
In our analysis, we take a deep dive into these five key elements in the Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego tech/med-tech markets and why the SoCal region offers the best opportunity for growing start-ups and established companies alike:
- The ecosystem is already in place with established educational institutions producing top talent, and an existing base of innovative companies with deep roots in the region.
- The region is home to a highly educated and skilled workforce supported by several universities that boast nationally ranked STEM programs.
- Talent is more affordable here than other coastal markets, providing strong cost savings for employers. The significant number of Millennials provides a large labor pool for companies to recruit now, and in the future.
- Investors are funneling money toward good ideas. Patent generation is second in the U.S., and VC funding remains strong. The opportunities for innovators and investors are ripe here.
- To top it all off? The region boasts a high quality of life, abundant amenities, and the best weather in the world!
Southern California has a lot to offer growing firms. In addition to its great weather, the talent base is also strong and growing. The region provides the best of both worlds: competitive wages for employees, and cost savings for employers compared to other large markets. The Southern California tech/med-tech ecosystem is alive, fueled by talented local graduates, a strong base of existing companies, and opportunistic investors ready to fund the next big idea.